Champagne Taste, Water Budget

It's tragic that life has imparted a taste way beyond my budget. Being terminally poor, finding ways to appease the palate on an almost non-existent budget has become a way of life instead of an adventure.

Herein lies the chronicles of poverty. If ye be a snob, mosey on along. But if like me, you are looking for a way to enjoy life at almost no cost or on the cheap, come along for the ride.

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Japanese Food Fair at Isetan Scotts

I always see the ads for the Japanese food fair but for some reason I never go.


I know the "some reason".


One, I am not that familiar with Japanese food.  Because of our family background, we never touched Japanese food (actually Japanese anything) growing up so the only time I tried Japanese food was when I was in my twenties.  The experience put me off Japanese food for a long time as my virgin try happened to be a piece of not-so-fresh sushi, which literally left a bad taste in my mouth.


My second attempt was years later at a friend's insistence and it was sashimi.  I was sold from then on.  


Due to my late foray into the world of Japanese food, I never learnt how to cook Japanese food and have no clue what and how to use many of the ingredients.  The Japanese food fairs at Isetan Scotts always seemed really fascinating but just too high level for a neophyte like me.


Also, the stuff are expensive!  


Yet, this one item on the Japanese fair really drew me in.  What is sesame paste with honey and how do you use it?  I am only  familiar with our tahini.  I am beyond intrigued.

No comments:

Post a Comment